Thursday, October 11, 2007

BBI Day Three

BBI Conference is entering its last day.

Its that point in the conference (like all biofuels conferences that go on longer than one day) where you are asking if you've heard all this before and then Josh Tickell shows up and proves it. Yes, I've heard almost all of this before.

At least the trade associations pull a good deal of support from the tourist attendees looking to make the big jump into investing in biofuels. Talking to former I.T. and Dot.Com refugees about energy is always fun. Their energetic perspective makes the common knowledge fun again and that is probably why I always feel so energized by conferences like these.

I also like hearing Josh Tickell speak (though I've seen it so many times I could probably give his presentation with some minor alterations). He is the original touchstone for the biodiesel industry and is liked uniformly from home-brewers, to soy growers, to large biodiesel refiners, right down to petroleum trade associations (Josh was the Keynote Speaker and was extremely well received by the Oregon Petroleum Association this last July).

If you've never heard of Josh you should have. He is one of the few individuals in the world that will probably be able to make the off the cuff statement over a beer in a few decades: "Hey, did I ever tell you about the time I totally started moving the world from petroleum to biofuels?" "Yeah, the late 90''s was nuts!!!"

Check out his original masterpiece From the Fryer to the Fuel tank as well as his new book (the better read of the two) Biodiesel America. Josh also speaks extensively so he is available to travel if you want to bring him to your town. I highly recommend him.

No comments: